- I have mentioned this previously, but recently had a discussion about it so I thought I'd share it again... I absolutely cannot stand Popsicle sticks in my mouth! The very idea is making me cringe as I type this.
- I am the oldest child and cousin on both sides of my family. I only have two step-cousins who are older than me. I feel old now.
- My Godson's middle name is Danger. I love it! I love his parent's for giving him such a rock-star middle name!
- I collect sea shells. Every time I go to the beach, I have to return with at least a handful of shells that I put into a giant glass container. My favorites are the shells that are broken with some unique feature about them.
- I have been asked on more than one occasion where I grew up in Europe, because I apparently have some mysterious accent. My family and friends agree with me that I do not have an accent, yet that question has been asked several times. Go figure. I like the idea of being from somewhere exotic.
- I love, love, love pumpkin! Especially pumpkin smoothies!
- I absolutely hate, hate, hate cockroaches or any of their cousins, especially palmetto bugs! I will scream like a little girl and stand on furniture and throw things at it, hoping I will somehow develop great aim and will be able to kill it. If I do have bug spray and am brave enough to approach the bug, I will cover it in a mound of bug spray until the bottle is pretty much empty.
- As part of my undergraduate internship, I viewed autopsies and visited many crime scenes. I could handle that, because for me it was both scientific and a way of helping bring justice to the deceased. But I cannot stand watching gory movies or anything remotely "scary" that may contain zombies or some other fictitious characters. That scares me. I will have nightmares for weeks. Fake blood completely grosses me out!
- The coolest thing I have ever found while running was a few day old kitten that only weight 3 oz. I had to bottle feed him and assist him in going to the bathroom. He now weighs over ten pounds.
- I love skydiving! I have been 4 times now, and the first was a static line jump where I got to jump solo, but my line was attached to the plane so there was no free fall. I would skydive more often if it wasn't such an expensive hobby. But I honestly don't know if I will continue with it after I have kids. For some reason the risk seems greater then.
Friday, August 20, 2010
10 Random Things About Myself
I was tagged by the lovely Christine @ My First Marathon. I promise a real blog post or two this weekend. I have been insanely busy working on my candidacy as well as making time for family/friends and working out. I promise, as soon as my candidacy is complete, I will back to regular postings. For now, I am going to take a quick break in writing to tell you 10 random things about myself. I would like to tag anyone else who wants to participate. (o: